- In his era he was extremely popular
- The "Tribe of Ben" supported him during the English Civil War.
- His works helped to form theatre after the Restoration of the arts.
- Unfortunately, with the rise of Shakespeare he faced rough times.
- People chastised his plays for not following a more Shakespearean form.
- Most of his works were lost, and his legacy more or less drifted through time.
- The first revival of his works was a published version of all of his works produced by the Cambridge University press.